What Is Gastric Sleeve ?
Surgeons perform laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy by removing approximately 75-80 percent of the stomach. Many surgeons and physicians use the term “sleeve gastrectomy,” though most patients are familiar with the term “Gastric Sleeve,” which is easier to remember.
They are the same operation, and they leave the remaining stomach as a tubular pouch that resembles a banana. The Sleeve gastrectomy is a relatively new procedure but has gained popularity because of its low complication rate and good Weight Loss results.
Almost 42 percent of all Bariatric Surgeries performed in 2013 were sleeve gastrectomies, which makes it the most popular weight loss surgery, according to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Advantages of Sleeve Gastrectomy:
Gastric Sleeve illustration
* Fewer food intolerances than with gastric banding.
* Weight loss generally is faster with the sleeve than with gastric banding.
* There is no implantable band device, so slippage and erosion are not a risk.
* The surgical risk is lower than with Gastric Bypass procedures, but the weight loss is similar. In addition, our team can perform the sleeve gastrectomy using minimally invasive techniques that help speed recovery time.
* No device that needs adjustment is inserted, so the follow-up regimen is not as intense as it is with gastric banding.
Gastric sleeve surgery (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) removes about 80% of the stomach. As a result, patients:
* Feel less hungry
* Feel full sooner after eating
* Lose up to 3/4 of their excess weight
* Improve or cure their obesity-related health problems
Keep Reading For More Types….
At Mirage Healthcare our focus is on tailoring our medical retreat packages to the specific needs of our clients. We pride ourselves on ensuring a rewarding outcome through a unique service model: providing high-quality, affordable medical services abroad coupled with a world-class escape thereafter.
WhatsApp: “Treatment Name” to +919711586419